Author Topic: HELP - Burning Video DVD in Win7!!!!  (Read 2004 times)

Offline Chris Harding

• f/1.2 Member
    • Softweigh Multimedia
  • Camcorders Owned: 2 x Sony NEX EA-50, 2 x Nikon D90's and a GoPro Hero 2
  • NLEs Used: Vegas 10E
HELP - Burning Video DVD in Win7!!!!
« on: August 16, 2011, 04:39:28 AM »
Hi Guys
I make my DVD's in DVDLab and it creates the usual Audio_TS and Video_TS folders and I used to just burn a DVD Video with Nero...If I tell Win7 to burn the two folders they work fine BUT my menu doesn't show up on the TV just a text menu...other than that the clips play fine. Windows DVD maker also makes stupid text menus!!! Nero 6 will not run on Win 7!!!!
Any bright ideas?????
Chris
2 x Sony NEX EA-50 Cameras and Vegas 10.0 for editing and DVDLab for authoring.

www.weddingvideoswa.com

Offline Dave Baker

• f/1.2 Member
  • Camcorders Owned: NV-GS250, HF S100, EOS 60D, HF G30 and an EOS 550D if I ask nicely
  • NLEs Used: Kdenlive, Avidemux, Vegas Pro, VirtualDub
Re: HELP - Burning Video DVD in Win7!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 09:14:54 AM »
Have a look here Chris, there's dozens of apps to choose from, all 64-bit, many Win 7. Maybe one will suit you.

Dave

Offline Chris Harding

• f/1.2 Member
    • Softweigh Multimedia
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 08:00:16 PM »
Ta Dave!!!
I eventually found out that DVDLab running on Win7 skipped the menu VOB and didn't create any BUP files ..all the video was OK!! except there was no menu.
I'll take a careful look at those. I also realised today that I have Edius disks that came with my cameras and they have a neat DVD and BD package for creating disks!!
Thanks for that
Chris

www.weddingvideoswa.com

Offline Ron Windeyer

• f/4 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 09:28:56 PM »
Hey Chris

If you are looking as far as changing software packages you may do worse than look at DVD Architect 5.2.  It is included with Vegas Pro; (OK, it's a separate download, but you will have paid for it already). I find it pretty good.
Panasonic TM900, Panasonic GS400, Rode Videomic, Sony Vegas Pro 12 + DVD Architect 5.2

Offline Chris Harding

• f/1.2 Member
    • Softweigh Multimedia
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 11:21:57 PM »
Hi Ron
I LIKE DVDLab cos I have all templates made up and ready...however it seems that Win 7's burning facility might not have been at fault!! I did the 2nd wedding DVD in DVDLab in the new computer and it was fine.The first disk simply during compile, seemed to skip compiling the menu data...!!
Now, am I correct in saying that you can create a video DVD in Win 7 by simply selecting the Video_TS and Audio_TS folders and say "Burn" ????? It seemed to work as all a video DVD has is the two folders on it and those are created in DVLab for me!!  Maybe the processor was just too fast for poor DVD Lab????
At this stage it's not a big deal as I'm using 2 computers and 3 monitors spread across the desk !! The i7 does the editing to an external drive which I then plug into the DuoCore and do the graphics, burn the disks and then print them along with the covers etc etc....the arrangement actually works out nicely!!!

Chris

www.weddingvideoswa.com

Offline Ron Windeyer

• f/4 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 07:51:31 AM »
Hey Chris

Sounds as if you have it working well - excellent! Always best to stick to what you know, especially if you have taken the time and trouble to do all the templates.

I would think you are correct in your assessment - if DVD Lab constructs the Video_TS and Audio_TS folders correctly, then Win 7 should just be able to drop them onto a disc. But your current workflow sounds just fine!
Panasonic TM900, Panasonic GS400, Rode Videomic, Sony Vegas Pro 12 + DVD Architect 5.2

Offline Guy Bruner

• Publisher
  • Administrator
  • f/1.2 Member
    • http://www.camcorderuser.net
  • Camcorders Owned: Canon HV20; Sony SLT-A65V
  • NLEs Used: Sony Vegas Professional
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 08:12:57 AM »
Windows DVD Maker is software bundled with Windows 7 Home Premium and Ultimate.  There is a tutorial here.  It doesn't work with Bluray, though.

If you are creating the master video files using an authoring program, any CD/DVD burning software can burn it to disc, including Win7's burning app. because the correct formatting, menus, etc. have already been created by the authoring program (DVDlab, DVDA, Nero, Win DVD Maker, DVD Santa, etc.).  BTW, the Audio_TS folder is usually empty for a video DVD, but the folder must be present for the DVD player to recognize the disc as a DVD.
Guy